top of page

Support Resources

These are various resources that cover most housing, transportation, and living related needs for low income individuals/families and emergency situations. These are 3rd party resources that are not affiliated with Hilltop Alliance.

The City of Pittsburgh - The Housing Assistance Resources Portal

The Housing Assistance Resources Portal (HARP) for the City of Pittsburgh is a guide that offers housing-related resources whether you are interested in renting, currently renting, interested in buying a house, a current home-owner, a landlord, or currently experiencing homelessness. This tool is meant to be representative and inclusive of all City of Pittsburgh residents, in every neighborhood, from every income level and every community. Learn more.

Text excerpts from

The PA Housing Alliance

The PA Housing Alliance is keeping an updated list of housing resources that includes mortgage loss mitigation and financial bridge loans, among other information. Learn more.

Text excerpts from


Get Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus at no cost when you qualify for and enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). You’re eligible to participate if you (or someone in your household) meet one of the following requirements: Your entire household income is at or below twice the federal poverty level (for example, $55,500/year for a family of four, $27,180/year for an individual) AND/OR you participate in certain federal assistance programs such as Lifeline, SNAP/EBT, Medicaid, or free and reduced-price school lunch. Learn more.

Text excerpts from

Duquesne Light (DLC)

If you lose your job through no fault of your own or if you are working less than your full-time hours. If you qualify, you will receive money for a limited time to help you meet expenses while you seek new employment. Learn more.

Text excerpts from

Pittsburgh Water and Sewage Authority

Call 412-255-2423 (press 5) to see if you’re eligible for help paying your monthly water bill. Learn more.

CAP/LIHEAP Columbia Gas

If you qualify for federal, state or local income-eligible payment assistance programs, you could receive help paying your bill. Learn more

Text excepts from

Pennsylvania Office of Unemployment Compensation

if you lose your job through no fault of your own or if you are working less than your full-time hours. If you qualify, you will receive money for a limited time to help you meet expenses while you seek new employment. Learn more.

Text excerpts from

Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund

Local homeowners impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible for assistance of up to $30,000 through a program funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship may qualify for mortgage and housing-related expense assistance to address delinquency and avoid default, foreclosure, or displacement. Assistance includes mortgage payments, the cost of utilities and delinquent property tax payments. For more information visit the PAHAF site or see contact information below. This program is currently on hold.

Allegheny County Crisis Support

  • Peer Support and Advocacy Network (PSAN)

    10:00 a.m. – Midnight

    1-866-661-WARM (9726)

  • Resolve Crisis Services

    24 hours/7 days a week


Text excerpts from

The Brashear Association

The Brashear Association is offering a grab-n-go food pantry. Residents must call and register over the phone at 412-431-2236. They will be assigned a day to pick up pre-bagged groceries. The pick-up days are Tuesday and Thursdays from 12 pm - 4:30 pm. The location is at The Brashear Center, 2005 Sarah Street. Pittsburgh, PA 15203.

Text excerpts from

Food / Nutrition

  • Four Centers to Offer Meals for City Schoolchildren, including Warrington Rec Center. Learn more.

  • 412 Food Rescue – (412) 407-5287. Learn more.

  • Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank – (412) 460-3663. Learn more.

  • Just Harvest – (9 am-5 pm) at (412) 431-8960 x 60. Learn more.

Text excerpts from

For People in Recovery

  • Alcoholics Anonymous is offering virtual meetings online. Learn more.

  • Narcotics Anonymous is doing the same. Learn more.

  • The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has a hotline — 1-800-662-HELP (4357) — for anyone who needs it. Pennsylvania has a number of hotline options as well.

  • Addiction Center offers online treatment counseling, rehab placement and insurance/financial consultations for those seeking help. Learn more


Down Payment Assistance for First-Time Homebuyers in the City of Pittsburgh from the URA. The OwnPGH Homeownership Program (OwnPGH) provides up to $90,000 to first-time homebuyers seeking to purchase a home within the City of Pittsburgh.

Text excerpts from

Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)

The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is a housing crisis intervention program that provides one-time or short term (up to 3 months) financial assistance to households who are facing a temporary, non-reoccurring housing crisis. A limited amount of funding is also available for homeowners to assist with mortgage payments. City of Pittsburgh residents in need of rental, utility or mortgage assistance should contact United Way 2-1-1. Interpreter services are available in over 140 languages. United Way can be contacted through one of the following:

  • Text your ZIP Code to 898-211

  • Dial 211 from your phone

  • Call toll free at 1-866-856-2773

  • By chatroom:

Text excerpts from


Find Help

Use this online tool for to search for free or reduced cost services like financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost . Learn more.

Text excerpts from

Mon Valley Unemployed Committee - Unemployment Compensation (UC) Claims Assistance

  • Mon Valley Unemployed Committee provides aid to dislocated workers by unemployment claims assistance and general information on the UC claim process such as defining eligibility terms, providing information on social help programs, organizing volunteers and workers in community forums, acting as an advocate for social reform. Learn more.

  • Text excerpts from

Benefits Data Trust Launch-PA Hotline

Benefits Launch-PA Hotline a one-stop hotline that you can use to help get numerous types of resources for you and your family. You can give them a call at (844) 876-5596 to get started. The resources that you can get through the hotline include: SNAP Medicaid Childcare Subsidies PACE (Prescription assistance for the elderly) Medicare Part D CHIP Property Tax/Rental Rebates Homestead Exemptions. Learn More.

Text excerpts from

If you have a specific situation and need help, but do not see any above that could help, please contact our services manager Jeph Martin

Email: Phone: 412-586-5807 ext. 3

bottom of page